Friday, June 8, 2007

Draft and more

Well the easy schedule takes a break this weekend. The Cards went 10-6 during that easy stretch. We at least finished about .500 but losing that Washington series stung a little. We're also welcoming into town one of the hottest teams in baseball this weekend in the Angels. I will say that I am a National League guy through and through. But the AL the three teams that I like following more then pretty much anybody else in the NL (Twins, Angels and Indians) I can't really explain the Angels. The Indians I've always enjoyed for some reason. And the I've always liked the Twins since my grandparents own a cabin up in MN that my family went to for every summer vacation. So for me this series is one of the more exciting series' for me this year.

Now onto the draft. I really don't know what to think of this. Our #1 pick was used on an "average" player. No spectacular tools with this guy.....he's a hard working player. He fits the mold for St. Louis...but still there were better players available from what I hear. And just reading up on some of the other picks....it's no wonder why Tony and Walt aren't too fond of this Luhnow guy...since he's the one doing most of the picks i believe.

Anywho...one website that I LOVE these days is http://futureredbirds.com/. Right now there is a list of some of the guys we've drafted and some reports on them. Most days though it updates you on how our minor league teams do each day. It also gives the good bad and ugly of the players on those teams. Check it out.

No comments: