Friday, April 20, 2007

Can we get some help?!

That's gotta be what the pitchers are thinking right now. Heck, Wells was our only offense yesterday as he scored the only two runs the Cards had against yet another young lefty. Then today as the game heads into the bottom of the 3rd against the Cubs, the Cards have three hits, one of them coming from LOOPER!! I guess one could always be happy with the fact that Pujols is finally above the Mendoza line.
But as I sit here looking at game day, outside of Duncan the best batting average in the starting line up is .250 from Yadi....250!!!!. That's nothing short of ridiculous. I never thought I would be almost joyous to hear Juancion is back on the field....in fact he hit a HR in his debut last night. Like I said in my post a few days ago...something has to be done. You can't win games when you have one starter hitting over .250!! Let's hope the Cards start the season series against the Cubs better then they did last year. And the Cards get their first crack at Marquis tomorrow...maybe that will be the ticket to get the bats back into things!!!

No comments: